Mt. St. Mary’s College is a girls’ boarding school for ‘O’ and ‘A’ levels. It was founded in 1942 by the Franciscan Missionary Sisters for Africa, a congregation of nuns originating in Ireland. The school is located in Lugazi, Mukono district.
The school motto is:
Per Scientiam ad Vertutem (Through Knowledge to Virtue) and indeed the school strives at all times to instill integrity and virtue in all the students along side the good academic knowledge the system offers.